Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

samsung t209 ringtones unsupported content type

Posted by ray 
I use a samsung t209 phone under tmobile. I had tzones turned on.

I tried longer tones, then one that was only 11 seconds, but get "unsupported content type."

I tried using tonethis for wallpapers and it worked fine, so perhaps tonethis is sending the wrong format for the phone. Tmobile support says the phone supports only megatone and hifi type ringtones.

Any ideas?????
I tried going to the browser to see what it's trying to load, and it looks like you're sending the file as an mp3.

I'm assuming this is the incorrect type of file since it mentions megatone and hifi ringtone types.

Any way to force it to use the right type?
ok, i checked samsung online documentation and mp3 is a valid format. I've cut the time down to 7 seconds and same thing.

the file is 56k in size. maybe too big?
giving up. have file down to 1 second and only 8k in size and still getting unsupported content type.

This seems to be a common problem all over the forum. whats going on here?
how are you getting your phone to even try to download, my phone won't even let me open the link, I tried to type it into tzones and it won't recognize it, any suggestions?
T-mobile only supports certain links like cnn and abc and their own website. All other websites are blocked.
juan carlos
Re: samsung t209 ringtones unsupported content type
October 05, 2007 03:03PM
quiero cambiarle la apariencia a misamsung t209 he buscado programas para descargarle imagenes y tonos y no he encontrado nada. si tienen algo les agradeceria mucho me lo mandaran.
juan carlos altamirano
Re: samsung t209 ringtones unsupported content type
October 05, 2007 03:20PM
cualquier cosa que sirva para cambiar la apariencia de mi samsung t2009 les agradeceria que me lo envien. gracias
I have a samsung A727 I can download wallpapers but not ringtones. I have been using tonethis for a long time on all kinds of different phones and never had a problem. Now with this phone I receive the text message but when it asks to download i hit yes and it reads unsupported content. Please tell me what to do.
Glenn
Chad
August 25, 2008 10:41AM
i have the same problem but my phone is a metro pcs samsung r210. any ideas on what i should do?
email me at alyroxxursoxx@yahoo.com
Author:

Your Email:

Subject: